History and Archivements, Information
BRIEF COMPANY PROFILE
Change of Company Name
In July, 1988, ITOCHU GALLERY CO.,LTD. was established as a 100% subsidiary of ITOCHU Corporation,the name of which has changed in 2002 to "M&I ART SYSTEM CO., LTD." in line with its new shareholder structure of Mori Building Co., Ltd. and ITOCHU Corporation. Further, we launched a new business scheme and changed its name to M&I ART CO., LTD. in January, 2006.
Mori Building Art Museum Project
In 2003, Mori Building opened Mori Art Museum in Roppongi Hills with a concept of "Being the center of culture". The Museum is one of the largest in Japan, and attracts attention as a new focal point of art with a focus on contemporary art. The museum has gained an outstanding reputation from both specialists and the public. It is also acknowledged internationally for its affiliation with the Museum of Modern Art, New York, as well as other prominent museums around the world.
Business Operation: Our Achievements
M&I ART CO., LTD. is a cohort of specialists of any fine art services. We have approached the art business with our corporate policy of Fairness and Transparency and have developed ourselves into the leading company dealing with the consultancy works of collections for public art museums and with the international dealings of fine art trading. Through our consultancy works for the establishment and running of Mori Art Museum, we have earned trust and confidence for us to provide a variety of solutions ranging from assisting the establishment of museums to consulting for corporate and private collections. M&I ART has also gained a favorable reputation from our clients for our precise and reliable evaluation and appraisal. Our new structural plan for dealing Chinese art has been developed through a network of specialists both in-house and outside of our company as well as Mori Buiding Co.,Ltd., and network in China.
The Past Exhibitions of Itochu Gallery
Name of Company
M&I ART CO.,LTD.
P.O. Box 524, 4F West Wing, ARK Mori Building, 1-12-32 Akasaka, Minato-ku, TOKYO 107-6004
PHONE: +81-3-5575-3870 FAX: +81-3-5575-3876
July 19, 1988
Paid in capital
Mori Building Co.,Ltd.
Kenjiro Shinohara, President and CEO
- Art appraisal and evaluation
- Consulting business for management and building an art collection for corporate and individual collectors
- Art dealing
- Consulting business for establishing and running museums
- Public art coordination for corporate venue and cultural facilities
- Publishing and sale of original prints
- Planning and producing of art exhibitions
Antique Art Dealer License #301008503143
Fiscal Year End
The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Head Office
Sumitomo Mitsui Bank, Aoyama Branch
Mizuho Bank, Aoyama Branch
- 2 min. walk from Exit 3 of Roppongi 1 Chome Sta. on the Nanboku Line.
- 4 min. walk from Exit 13 of Tameike-Sanno Sta. on the Ginza Line.
- 8 min. walk from Exit 4 of Kamiyacho Sta. on the Hibiya Line.
- 9 min. walk from Exit 5 of Akasaka Sta. on the Chiyoda Line.